Since launching in 2013, In The Style has redefined fast fashion.
A creative hub in the heart of Manchester, In The Style encompasses youth, diversity and passion.
Fun, fast paced and free spirited, In The Style is not for the faint of heart!
If you’re ready to work hard and play harder, get in touch.
Full-time Positions - Manchester Based
Lead Fashion Photographer / Studio Manager - Immediate Start
As senior photographer/ studio manager, you will be part of a fast paced studio team, reporting directly to Head of Brand. Your focus will be managing the day to day running of the studio and delivering a high quality of e-commerce imagery, ensuring consistency is delivered from the studio to retouch and that the final product is fit for commercial purposes.
You will focus on driving a high standard of imagery from every shoot, focusing on consistency including lighting, model poses, detailing, crops and overall final selects from the day; producing the best possible assets for the business.
You will be able to operate in a fast paced environment, be an expert in managing day to day activity across the studio and retouch both in-house and outsourced, managing daily tasks including general upkeep of the studio, cut-outs and extra content days, preparing the studio before and after every shoot and managing the overall day-to-day running of shoots.
You will be confident in analysing daily imagery from shoot to retouch, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring that the final product is no less than perfect for site. You will be responsible for adopting streamline processes which meet the needs of the business, improving on efficiencies and taking overall accountability for what’s uploaded to site.
As the business evolves, you may be asked to adopt new methods to your style of photography, ensuring the correct measures are taken to do this seamlessly and feeding back to your seniors with efficient processes.
As a business, we have multiple creative / campaign shoots across the year and this will also be a big part of your role. Working alongside the creative team, you will assist in developing campaign photography, working towards briefs set and presenting ideas in how this should be delivered; both visual and technically. You will work closely with the Senior Creative exec to ensure execution of the shoots meet the brand guidelines and that all the necessary preparation is done prior to the shoot day. You will be accountable for ensuring assets are turned-around in the time period given and delivered to the highest standards.
Duties Will Include
- Maintain consistency at every shoot
- Responsible for achieving daily targets
- Responsible for time management of the studio and ensure the minimum requirement of 70 units are shot per day.
- Communicate with the wider team (including outsource) on returning assets and adapt a quality control method to incoming imagery.
- Still Life Fashion Photography
- Studio Model Photography
- Ghost and flat lays images.
- Videography (desirable)
- Shooting tethered
- Ensuring studio lighting is consist with every shoot.
- Work to strict briefs provided by the creative team.
- Campaign Photography (Occasional)
- A strong creative leader with a clear creative vision and exceptional people motivation and management skills.
- Have sound understanding of high volume ecommerce photographic principles and processes.
- Be calm under pressure and be a natural problem solver.
- Have an ability to communicate at all levels of the business in a clear, concise manner and critically know when to ask for help or guidance.
- A strong sense of commercialism.
- Proven ability to work to stringent briefs and deadlines, with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Have a genuine interest in fashion and be a creative thinker.
- A keen interest in fashion and a passion for the brand.
- A vast knowledge in studio lighting
- Experience in in-house creative and campaign photography
- Industry-standard software knowledge, including capture one and photoshop.
- Have a proven track record of working to deadlines with a clear ability to plan and manage their time efficiently.
- Operate effectively under pressure
- A keen eye for detail
- Creative but also able to follow defined briefs accurately.
- Key problem solver
- Knowledgeable in all things photography and editing
- Strong work ethic, someone who will go above and beyond.
- Strong communicator and works well with other creatives
- Passionate about Photography and creative content.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send all CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org – No agencies please
Social Media Executive
Do you have experience in a fast-paced background and love all things fashion and social? If yes, then we’ve got just the role for you!
We’re looking for an experienced Social Media Executive to join the In The Style social team.
This is a diverse role that covers all aspects of the social mix and is central to the development of the company’s channels. You will develop original and engaging content and monitor all activity through reporting.
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the current fast fashion social media industry, knowing exactly what content performs best and at what times
- Using your understanding of the new social media era, you will need to create weekly engaging content for all social media platforms including; Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Work with the influencer team to ensure the best content is achieved for all channels and monitor engagement and results
- Create weekly reports using Google Analytics and Falcon
- Work with marketing and manage all social activity around key launches
- Copywriting and content creation for the blog, social and competitions
- Plan and execute viral social media campaigns
- Support with any graphics for social media and any other areas of the business when necessary
- Build on relationships with third parties and arrange weekly competitions
- Create a weekly social media competitor analysis
- Innovation - Researching and staying on top of new trends and contributing ideas to the team
- Create content in house and manage the ‘social room’ coming up with regular fresh ideas
- Working with key influencers and managing their social schedule
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience in social media
- Strong analytical skills and experience in Google Analytics
- Highly creative
- Proactive, always looking for ways to innovate on ideas
- Focused and highly organised
- Keen to learn but also share knowledge
- Experience of managing a junior member of staff
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Always clear, open, honest and inclusive in all communications
- Positive attitude, able to tackle challenges with a smile
- Good team player, able to work collaboratively
Job Type: Full-time
Please send all CV’s to email@example.com – No agencies please
Senior Front End Developer
We are searching for a proactive individual who shares our passion for delivering quality software in a dynamic culture. The ideal candidate will be a proven problem solver who is adaptable, forward thinking and collaborative in their approach.
We are passionate about bringing industry best practices to our development teams and encouraging our team to push themselves in pursuit of continuous improvement. We aim to foster a coaching mentality where individuals are encouraged both to learn and to teach others, to reinforce skill-sets across the team.
- Championing Front End technology best practices across the team
- Setting up and them implementing A/B & multivariate tests to measure performance
- Actively supporting agile development methods and best practices
- Participate in retrospectives and requirements sessions; guiding from a front end engineering perspective
- Support team in kick-off activities for each story including defining acceptance criteria
- Mentoring Junior members of the team to help them improve their abilities
- Getting involved in design considerations when it comes to user experience
- Speak directly to colleagues to get an understanding of requirements
- Take accountability for the quality of the front end engineering
Desirable experience in some of the following areas:
- Writing acceptance criteria as part of a ‘3 amigos’ group
- Experience of using storyboards (Trello, Mingle, Jira or similar)
- Experience of continuous integration (Teamcity, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Go)
- Experience with source control systems (e.g. GIT)
- Experience of development in an Agile development environments and BDD
- Magento 1.x
- Understanding of PHP
- Experience of front end engineering for large ecommerce websites.
- Inquisitive, exploratory mentality
- Experience and understanding of A/B testing platforms such as Sitegainer or Google Optimize
- Passion for testing UI and interaction
- Able to manage own tasks, break them down and execute them.
- Passion for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies with a track record of continuous professional improvement
- Desire for good Agile working practices
- Strong team-working and collaboration skills
- Ability to motivate colleagues
Job Type: Full-time
Please send all CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org – No agencies please
Internships - Manchester Based
There are currently no roles available, please check back at a later time.
Rebecca - Product Development Manager
At In The Style, the pace is as fast as it gets! From development to sales analysis, I love to see the product journey from start to finish. Every day is different, full of surprises and challenges, however teamwork is key and everyone gets involved which makes it a great environment to work in.
Paige - Creative Executive
I began my career with In The Style as an intern whilst studying Fashion Promotion at university. I am now a confident executive and I love working on all areas of the creative process knowing that every decision has an impact on the aesthetic of the business. Every day is different which is what makes it so fun!
Harriet - Assistant Buyer
After finishing University I started at In The Style in Customer Services. Within a year I worked my way up to an Assistant Buyer role, and am now part of an amazing team doing something I love. It's been amazing to see how much the brand has grown since I started and I can't wait to see where it goes next!